Apply for Recovery Housing
2017-2018 will be our first year offering Recovery Housing at VCU.
Students support each other’s recovery while creating meaningful personal relationships based around friendship, recovery and their college experiences.
Some of the unique benefits to Recovery Housing are:
- Recovery Housing is part of an on-campus residence hall.
- A 12-month housing option.
- Easy access to University resources such as Rutgers Health Services, which includes Recovery Support Services, Counseling, medical services, and on campus 12-Step meetings.
- There are peer mentors and recovery coaches to support students on academic and career support.
- Organized activities such as attendance at trips + activities, hikes, climbing, biking, intramurals and other campus events.
If you are interested in recovery housing:
- Contact the Program Coordinator at The Wellness Resource Center, Tom Bannard, firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-828-7657.
- Our recovery housing is currently offered in 12 month, apartment style dorms with single rooms. (Please note: This may change in 2018-2019)
- Complete Application
- Interview with staff members regarding your desire and motivation to live in the Recovery House (students should have maintained abstinence for at least three months).
- After fulfilling all application requirements, students then may be offered an opportunity to participate in the program.
- Students in Recovery are expected to abide by our RIRCommunityAgreements
To learn more about recovery housing, contact Tom Bannard, email@example.com or 804-828-7657.