All BASICS/CASICS sessions are being held virtually. Please read through the following items to help ensure the process runs smoothly:
- Once you complete your online survey using the links below, you will receive an email with information on how to register for your first virtual session.
- After you register for your first virtual session, you will be sent a confirmation email with the join link for the meeting.
- As you are preparing to complete this requirement, please note that it will take at least 2-3 weeks (minimum) to go through the entire program.
- You must complete the online survey and register for your first virtual session within 2 weeks of receiving your referral instructions in order to complete the process on time.
- Please note that The Well does not place/remove holds on your account. Please contact the referring department if you are encountering issues due to a hold.
Please email email@example.com for additional assistance.
BASICS (Alcohol)/CASICS (Marijuana) is an alcohol and other drug education program available to VCU students. This program is administered by staff from The Well and University Counseling Services.
If you have questions, are having difficulty registering or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a certificate after completing the course, which requires at least 2-3 weeks to sucessfully complete. Please plan accordingly.
Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS)
VCU uses BASICS to help students assess personal risk, evaluate their relationship to alcohol and reduce the potential harm associated with use.
Cannabis Screening and Intervention for College Students (CASICS)
VCU uses CASICS to help students assess personal risk, evaluate their relationship to cannabis and reduce potential harm associated with use.
How to Register
Scheduling for Spring 2021 is now open.
Students who are referred to the program for an alcohol violation should signup for the BASICS program. Students who are referred to the program for a cannabis violation should sign up for the CASICS program.
Once you have completed either the BASICS (alcohol) /CASICS (cannabis) assessment the system will send you an email to your VCU email that you provided. Please allow up to 30 minutes for this email to arrive. This email will include instructions on next steps. If you do not receive an email instructing you on what to do next, please check your spam folder.
If you create an account on your own without the autogenerated email the system will not allow you to see the calendar so please wait for the auto-generated email.
Virginia law requires VCU to release the educational record of a tax dependent student to a parent at his request. Va. Code 23.1-1303(B)(5).
If you have any questions about BASICS/CASICS, or if you need accommodations, please email email@example.com.