Fall Into Wellness 2020 Challenge
Hey Ramily! This semester is flying by. Some of you may be feeling overwhelmed or feeling some of the effects of mid-semester slump. If you need a break from studying for midterms, or simply want something fun to do to interrupt your schedule and get out of your room, you can participate in our Fall Into Wellness challenge! If you choose to participate in one of the outdoor activities, please continue to follow the One VCU: Responsible Together social distancing and mask wearing guidelines.
The rules are simple
- Follow @thewellvcu on Instagram and connect with us on RamsConnect!
- Tag us in your posts with the hashtag #FallIntoWellnessVCU to enter or submit to the Fall Into Wellness Google Form.
- Complete at least six (6) activities in order to receive a prize.
- The first 50 people that follow us and complete six activities will receive a #VeryCaringU t-shirt from the Well.
- The next 50 people that follow us and complete six activities will receive a sleep kit made by The Well!
Fall Into Wellness Activities
Choose from the activities below. We encourage you to choose at least one that will get you out of your room!
- Find a new hiking space
- Take a fall foliage tour and admire the colors of nature
- Attend a group exercise class at @vcu_recsports
- Create an art project
- Try a Bob Ross painting tutorial
- Have a virtual Netflix watch party with your friends
- Decorate a pumpkin or put up some fall decor
- Try a new fall-themed dessert recipe
- Jump into a leaf pile
- Go stargazing
- Go on a tour of the art murals around Richmond
- Check out the James River, for a day at the beach without the drive
- Schedule a weekly catch up date with a friend or loved one
- Try a new type of physical activity
- Write yourself a love letter for a rainy day
- Treat yourself to some hot cider or hot chocolate
Not sure where to or how to get started? We found a few resources on hikes, fall foliage tours, and other activities to get you started.
- Did you know? VCU Rec Sports has outdoor activities, trips, and clinics. There are several opportunities this month that are conveniently on the weekends to fit into your schedule.
- The Virginia Department of Forestry keeps up with the leaves changing around the state. Richmond’s peak time is around the end of October. See their fall foliage driving tour information.
- If you don’t know where to go for a hike, visitrichmondva.com has a collection of Richmond parks and sites that have trails.
- This map shows the locations of the wide variety of murals around Richmond.
- Rec Sports offers a variety of group exercise classes for all fitness levels which are FREE for all Rec Sports members!